eBay Art Sales - Good, Bad & the Ugly

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

eBay is great. It's a admirable area for affairs just about anything...even aboriginal art. It's a curiosity for those of us who apparently wouldn't accept a ample area to advertise their art (sans galleries, art dealers and a band following--yet). There are artists authoritative admirable money affairs on eBay. Some of them accurately so. I'm aggravating to be one of them.

I plan agilely on my art. I try new techniques, new brushes, new colors. I abstraction what sells and for how much. I investigate websites and advertisement templates. I absolutely do my homework. However, I still cannot assume to hit on what will work. I forward listings to the beginning (paying absonant fees to do so), yet generally my listings will not sell.

I cannot analyze myself to some of the admirable aptitude out there, about I am growing as an artist. I strive to be bigger every day. I adore it immensely. However, every time a advertisement goes unsold, I feel my affection frown. I see added admirable art aswell abort to advertise and agitate my head. Where are the art buyers and why are they absolution that one go?

Art is so abstract it about goes after adage that assertive pieces will alone allege to assertive people. Getting those humans to see you art and be accommodating to allotment with the banknote to own it, is addition akin entirely. But there are buyers, wonderful, acceptable art buyers and collectors who do buy a ample bulk of art on eBay. They get abundant deals (sometimes scandalously so) and they get some admirable art.

But is art on eBay a collector's art? Is it the I-just-got-my-first-apartment-and-want-to-graduate-from-posters art? Is it affairs art on a whim 'cause I just gotta accept it art? It's absolutely a added affable way to buy art than stuffy, brainy galleries. Some are absolutely obnoxious, accouterment to the $10,000 per section crowd. Who needs that if they just wish to adorn their walls and add a amount of composure to their bare, white walls?

I achievement to advance a collector's afterward and even accept had some echo customers. I aboveboard abundance the buyers I've had. I will abide to advertise on eBay because the joy of every auction beats out the unsold blues. It's not about selling. It's about creating. But if you do get anyone who brand your conception abundant to pay for it, it's a jubliance I can't get abundant of!